log cabin from Anjiejag in England.

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 13
anjiejag wrote
on 4 May 2010 4:55 AM

Hi there every body,

I remember reading, not so long ago about the problems people have deciding where to set up their  studio or working area inside the house.  I have had this problem,too. The loft was either too cold or too hot,every room in the house seemed to have another use and it meant moving my stuff from A to B and back again.....Anyway a few weeks ago I took delivery of a log cabin...or should I say,a pile of wood that SHOULD eventually be a log cabin, which will be sited on the back patio of the house. The construction should start next week.  I will let you know how I get on.  The cabin size is approximately 10 and a half feet by 10 and a half feet,with two windows and a pair of doors on the front.  I am just hoping that this will encourage me to get back to work after a rather traumatic 12 months,during which I lost my Mum (she was 86 years old.) Could do with a bit of encouragement from you ladies out there!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 8 May 2010 11:28 AM

Sorry to hear about your mum. Good luck on your project. Let us know how it goes.

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 28
on 9 May 2010 12:04 AM

Wow! Sounds like fun to have the cabin purpose built!  Now, I can just imagine you getting in there and filling it with drawers and shelves and ..... oh, you could go to second hand places and find nice old desks and dressers. What ever you choose it will be lovely to have your own space and shut yourself in to create and leave a mess if you want.  I have my daughters old bedroom and it comes with bright orange walls and orange sari curtains, but i was too excited to get in and get going to worry about repainting it!  Now I love finding natty things to store supplies and fabric in.  It is also my work space for my 'real' job, so I have to be organised to some degree, but even that is fun in my nice little space.  Good luck with the build. Hope is turns out to be all you hope for.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Blue Redoux wrote
on 11 May 2010 6:32 AM

Angie, I just read your email sent to quilting arts. I am SO SORRY you lost your Mom. I hope over time you will heal from this. My thoughts are with you. I wish you many days of Peace.

You must try really hard to focus on your log cabin. How is it coming? What kind of art do you do? Where in Englad do you live? I was in London for a few days in 1996 and Loved it. Colleen

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 13
anjiejag wrote
on 21 May 2010 11:58 PM

Thanks for your replies.  I live in Staffordshire, which is in the middle of England and not that far from Birmingham.  London is around 150 miles away. Staffordshire is known as the Creative County!! You may have heard of Wedgewood china - well that was produced in the Northern part of Staffordshire at a city called Stoke on Trent.

The log cabin is still progressing.  The floor has benn concreted in and I am painting the exterior of the cabin at the moment.  I am on the tricky part -painting the window frames.  The weather is hot,it was 100 degrees on our patio yesterday afternoon -which slows me down a bit!!  We are not used to temperatures like that in this country!!!  My pet rabbits were enjoying the shade watching everyone else working.  Does anyone else keep rabbits or have a rabbit theme running through their work?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS