Please help me in my journey!

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on 27 May 2010 9:27 AM

Hi, I am Mary Lu, a mountain girl from Colorado, trapped for 40 years in Oklahoma, retired from education, ready to create on my own, exhausted with an ill husband, ill daughter, small grandkids.  Will I ever find time to use the gifts God gave me.  Many of you will have suggestions and I have prayed this morning for guidance.  I am reminded that talents are everywhere and one of you may be able to help me.

Thank you to Quilting Arts for the wonderful help and ideas, for the 2008 DVD which I just recieved.  iT IS A WONDERFUL BEGINNING!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
geaux08 wrote
on 28 May 2010 1:44 AM

Hi Mary, welcome to the world of quilting.  I started quilting last year myself and have been doing alot of experimenting with different fabrics, techniques, tools and machines.  I will try to help answer your questions if you have any.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 468
okieLinda wrote
on 28 May 2010 5:54 AM

Hi Mary , As one thats been in Oklahoma for most of 55 years the last 20 of them quilting raising 4 kids without a dime in my pocket, I can only tell you what works for me,  Name your blessings name them one by one every morning, mine are Laura Leslie Christel Wyatt Nicholas Jazimen , my 4 kids and 2 grandkids, I'm not into organized religion but know Ive seen the face of God 6 times now in my life I believe that the Holy Ghost is what we call Mother Nature and that inspires all kinds of quilts and I must have had the hands of Jesus holding me up several times or I wouldnt have made it through all that I have, All that before Ive even had my coffee isnt easy but can feel you need a friend ,this is a great place for you to start that and get inspiration on your quilts at the same time :) If you have time check out my quilts under tag Lindas Gallery if nothing eles they ought to give you a good laugh and laughter is the best medicine :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 895
Muppin wrote
on 2 Jun 2010 7:50 AM

Thanks for joining us Mary Lu, I know that this is a great inspiring place with fabulous quilt artists to help you out.

Welcome!

Cheryl / Muppin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS