What is your favorite fabric collection??

This post has 7 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 429
on 24 Jan 2011 7:00 AM

I recently moved and am thrilled that I now have my very own studio! As I unpacked my fabric collection I realized that I finally have the space to beef it up. Now I am on the lookout for a great collection to start with.... any one have any suggestions??

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 890
Muppin wrote
on 24 Jan 2011 9:48 AM

Congrats on a studio space, Lindsey!  For collections, I can't stress a Moda Marbles line enough.  A good selection of these solid reading pieces have significantly helped round out my stash in some real problem color areas: Yellow, Orange, Browns... colors that I always never have "the right" shade of. 

I love all the colors in the range (there are so many) and they fill in with so many other collections that they have amazing versatility.

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 429
on 25 Jan 2011 7:46 AM

Thanks Cheryl! I really appreciate your advice! :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 227
caren12 wrote
on 25 Jan 2011 7:26 PM

I love fossil ferns.  They vary in color, within a single piece.  They can easily be used as a solid or a print.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 13
createandsew wrote
on 13 Mar 2011 8:13 AM

I have to cast my vote for batiks!  In a single piece you can have distinct one color sections, graded color, blended multiple colors.  The tight weave of a fabric also means almost no raveling when cut, especially nice for raw edge applique  - unless you are seeking the raveling effect, of course.

Rae

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
Peggy Szasz wrote
on 14 Mar 2011 4:15 AM

Congratulations on your new studio.  It is wonderful to have a defined space for your own art to come alive!  I love batiks.  A batik can for sure make a quilt "pop".  Have fun. 

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Stitchminx wrote
on 24 Mar 2011 4:06 PM

Hi Lindsey,

I'd recommend a selection of plains in tones of light, medium and dark.  They become the seasoning of your fabric (food) stash! LOL

Keep stitching, Jane in Scotland, UK

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 429
on 15 Apr 2011 6:39 AM

Thank you everyone for all your wonderful suggestions!

Lindsey

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS