Interweave/Sew Expo Puyallup

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 88
hpthecat wrote
on 5 Mar 2011 1:59 AM

I just spent two days at the Sew Expo in Puyallup, Wa. This is supposed to be the biggest Sewing and Quilting Expo in the entire United States.

I was surprised a number of companies were not there...there were three products I wanted, that I ended up still having to order online.

I also wondered why I did not see Interweave represented?? The show is about all kinds of sewing and textile art...I see such a market up here and am surprised while sitting in lectures about how unaware some fellow shoppers are...things they might be interested in if only introduced.

So my question is: Will Interweave ever come to Sew Expo? 

As an aside to my question-- I did find one product that I think is really going to pull me forward into art quilting and some newbies out there may want to check it out-- It's a photo mosaic quilting software called:

Mosaic Quilt Studio:  

http://quiltedphoto.com/

The software looked really easy and non-intimidating to use, so I bought it. Tammy Bowser would probably make a great guest for Pokey's Show- and no, I am not affiliated with her.

Bernina 820, Babylock Evolution, Babylock Embellisher, Babylock Audrey.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,413
Pokey wrote
on 7 Mar 2011 9:04 AM

Thanks for your comments and suggestions! Many moons ago Quilting Arts did vend at Sew Expo, but due to our publishing schedule, we have cut down on the number of shows we attend. We will, however, be at Quilt Market in May, at International Quilt Festival/Long Beach and at International Quilt Market and Festival in Houston.

Best wishes,

Pokey Bolton

Founder of Quilting Arts Magazine

TV Host, Quilting Arts on PBS

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS