How are you "growing" your art career or business this spring?

This post has 4 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
jane davila wrote
on 23 May 2011 7:05 PM

Just wondering what specific steps everyone is planning to take on their art career this spring?

So far this spring I have:

• Ordered new business cards
  • Updated my workshops flyer
  • Gathered in one place all of the info I need to update my website
  • Updated my email mailing list
  • Made a list of venues to submit teaching info to
  • Researched new products to release including packaging options
  • Organized my work space and my files

What's on your list? :)

Jane Davila

editor, Quilting Arts In Stitches emagazine

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 915
Muppin wrote
on 24 May 2011 7:38 AM

Wow, Jane!  I'm so impressed!  I can barely remember to do one of those things!  I love your articles in QA and want to thank you for your mentorship!

So, I guess I need to start with business cards, I have been out for a while.  And I'm working on my brochure for teaching locally.   I also have a mental promise to myself to blog at least once a week.

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
jane davila wrote
on 24 May 2011 8:29 AM

Have you used for business cards before? They are wonderful and their "moosletter" is jam packed full of great ideas to market yourself.

I need to work on my blogging. I find of fell off the wagon once Facebook came along, lol.

Jane Davila

editor, Quilting Arts In Stitches emagazine

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 468
okieLinda wrote
on 25 May 2011 8:17 AM

my daughter got a webpage started at  and my son made me some business cards with vista that are great, dont know if it will help or not but at least I feel like I'm doing something , to me that part just gets in the way of my quilting which I love , business is a whole differant animal than trying to create something new and my brain cant do both at the same time, would love to hear how others span the divide :)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 220
Peggy Szasz wrote
on 26 May 2011 4:27 AM

After the new year dawned, I decided to streamline my business.  I wanted to have more control over my quilts. I now have all my inventory back from stores and galleries.  I took a couple of weeks to photograph the quilts I got back from the stores.  Then I started listing them on my Etsy site.  I keep my Etsy site tidy and organized and the more sells I get, the more sells I will get.  I am now in control of everything.  My business is blooming and it is directly related to making Etsy work.  If you would like to take a look at my site it is .  Happy spring! Peggy 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS