Looking forward to a community of quilting artists!

This post has 5 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 96
RUEdOAK wrote
on 13 Jun 2011 11:01 AM

Greetings! What a pleasure to find a small group of others in the quilting arts world! I am enjoying exploring the forum and related resources. I work with a variety of techniques -- clearly as many here do! - including mixing quilting and embellishment with felting and found objects. I'd really like to join in any of the Challenges (looks like I just missed one for June) and share feedback on completed and WIP pieces.

Jennifer

RUEdOAK

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 890
Muppin wrote
on 13 Jun 2011 3:10 PM

Welcome Jennifer!  We're getting ready to post another challenge this week, so keep checking the forums for it!

Thanks,

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 274
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 13 Jun 2011 11:02 PM

Hi Jennifer - There's many talented artists on this site. I am sure you will enjoy it. 

TADA / BC

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 96
RUEdOAK wrote
on 14 Jun 2011 10:06 PM

Oh good! I'll keep checking re: the next challenge. Many thanks for the warm welcome.

Jen

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on 24 Jul 2011 2:52 PM

Hello; I have just joined QA and am planning a trip from Canada to the USA next week.  Can anyone advise where we can purchase funky trims and ribbons in PA, VA and/or WV while in the USA.  We prefer to visit actual stores rather than shop online, if at all possible.  Really looking forward to our trip and the many options and possibilites for our Quilting Arts "stash".  So little time and money!!

bunky @ camnor quilts

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 224
ckquilter wrote
on 25 Jul 2011 11:07 PM

hi bunky

i live on the other side ofthe country - or i would give more help. but if no one has any good suggestions; just go online and search,

and you should be able to find some fun places to stop. maybe look through several quilting arts magazines at the ads, and

find places in those areas.     pa is amish country - and you might find some interesting shops - but they might not be online.

also, massachussetts has the quilt museum (and quilt arts store?) and would not be too far east of your line of travel.

also, if your near kentucky, try paducah, where they hold the aqs show, and quilt museum.  they have become an artist area.

if youever plan a trip down the west coast, let me know, and i can give you much more specfic ideas!!        ckquilter

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS