Any advice....

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
krdeleon wrote
on 19 Jul 2011 3:56 PM

Hello!  I'm new to the Quilting Arts world, but I've been hand quilting for many years.  I have the urge to do more artistic pieces.  I have done some beading, but that's it.  Can anyone suggest a good book for me to start with  that has some basic types of embellishments and ideas?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 274
Dale Kathryn wrote
on 19 Jul 2011 4:33 PM

There are lots of excellent books - and I have most of them! However, my two favourites are "Embellishing with Anything" by Gladys Love and "Fabric Embellishing - the basics and beyond" by Ruth Chandler, Liz Kettle, Heather Thomas and Lauren Vlcek. 

TADA / BC

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." - Georgia O'Keeffe

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 468
okieLinda wrote
on 20 Jul 2011 7:34 AM

Hi in about a year your the first Ive seen say your a hand quilter too, so had to say Hi, I very seldom embellish so dont have any ideal except to tell you do your own thing no matter what that is ,be sure and post pics of your work I will be watching, Linda

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 223
ckquilter wrote
on 10 Sep 2011 11:08 PM

hi

did you find the books mentioned by the other readers? or find an article in the magazine you could use ? the magazine has lots of good

articles and ideas.         have you had time to try some ideas yet?  and how are they going??              ckquilter

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS