Let Me Be the First to Welcome You!

This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Lesley43 wrote
on 27 Apr 2009 2:27 PM

Welcome to the Cloth Paper Scissors forum. I'm Lesley Riley, contributing editor for CPS. This new website and the forums are an exciting new addition to the magic that is Quilting Arts. Their innovation and artistry never cease to amaze me.

I'm heading off to teach 2 and take 2 classes at the Art & Soul retreat in Hampton Virginia this week and will be keeping my eye open for new artists, techniques and artwork to share in CPS. I'll check back in when I return.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 65
Cate Prato wrote
on 29 Apr 2009 5:52 AM

And welcome to you, Lesley! You are always so perceptive--I know I'm not alone in saying I can't wait to follow the discussions on this page!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 78
on 30 Apr 2009 3:43 PM

Hey fellow CPSophiles....speak up! I'm personally obsessed with cloth, paper, scissors and all manner of mixed up media. What's your passion?

Art. Just Do It.

Blog: ephemeralalchemy.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99
pandabolt wrote
on 1 May 2009 2:43 PM

Wow.  It sure is fun to see the faces of those whose articles I have been enjoying for so long.

I am looking forward to the discussions.

Lesley, I just had a friend give me a piece of your TAP.  I haven't decided just how to go about using it yet.  I think I will have to print on an area, draw on another, and then see how it works.  I love that the transferred image can be further enhanced with paints, crayons, etc.  That will be fun.

I spend a lot of my creative time with experimental work.   Here is one of my most recent works:  Distressed banner fabric on felt; dyed cheesecloth; embossed metal.

Tomorrow friends are coming for a day of heat gun mania.

When I'm not doing experimental work or running my longarm business I actually work on my own designs based on traditional qulting.

I am looking forward to learning more about some of the people whose names I recognize from QA and CPS.

Peggy Holt

Missoula, Montana

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 24
Lorraine62 wrote
on 1 May 2009 2:58 PM

love that cheesecloth on metal..great textures

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 24
Lorraine62 wrote
on 1 May 2009 3:01 PM

My magazine arrived today ..have had a quick glance through it and it looks full of superb ideas as usual..love the fact that every issue isnt just pushing out the same stuff but continues to challenge me....and its great that we now have our own forum to chat!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 43
on 5 May 2009 4:39 AM

Lovely piece Peggy!  I wish I could reach through my computer screen and touch it. 

Terri Stegmiller, Mandan, ND
www.terristegmiller.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99
pandabolt wrote
on 5 May 2009 12:30 PM

Thank you Terri.  It was a fun, experimental piece seeing what this particular fabric would do. 

Peggy Holt

Missoula, Montana

Not Ranked
Posts 1
groovylilguy wrote
on 12 Feb 2012 8:57 PM

Hi Guys, just wondering.  We're having trouble with our mail here (long story) but I was wondering if I could order download versions of CPS.  I truly hope so.

I just love all of the artwork and would dearly love to be able to buy the mag.

Cheers, Yve

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 902
Muppin wrote
on 16 Feb 2012 1:40 PM

Hi Yve-

All orders for digital copies of CPS and QA are done though the Quilting Daily shop at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Cheryl / Muppin

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS