Meet the Moderators!

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,413
Pokey wrote
on 28 Apr 2009 1:31 PM

Greetings Art Quilters from around the globe!

I wanted you to meet a couple of cool people who will be your moderators and assist our Quilting Arts team welcome you to the site, answer questions, and help keep this a positive, friendly, welcoming place.

Our first moderator is Cheryl, otherwise known as Muppin.

Doesn't she look like a lot of fun? (Picture taken recently at Make It University!(TM) at The International Quilt Festival/Chicago.)

Our second forum moderator is Belinda Spiwak, and you may recognize that name as she's written several articles that have appeared in both Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors. In fact she'll also be a guest in Series 500 of Quilting Arts TV.

Here's a picture of us together just before we taped her segment recently:

Hope you'll join me in welcoming our moderators!

Pokey Bolton

Founder of Quilting Arts Magazine

TV Host, Quilting Arts on PBS

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 900
Muppin wrote
on 28 Apr 2009 7:57 PM

Welcome everyone!   I'm Cheryl Sleboda, also known around the internet as "Muppin", and I'm so excited to be part of this adventure!    I'm a comic book professional by day and an art quilter by night.  Pull up a chair and a cup of something good and enjoy! I hope to see you around the boards.

Cheryl

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 350
on 29 Apr 2009 10:34 PM

Hey there, all you art quilters!  Welcome to this fantastic new website!  I am very excited to be part of this with all of you!  You may know me from my blog as Crazy Art Girl.  I am also known as the one that never sleeps. 

I love to experiment with fabric and anything else I have on-hand.  I try to make use of whatever fabric scraps and second-hand stuff that I have laying around.  I am big on using contrasting multicolored thread.  Love, love, love buttons especially metallic and teeny, tiny ones.  Currently, I am silkscreening my own designs on fabric and then creating with that.  Leftover quiltie sandwiches become ATCs and charms.  Since I started out with altered books, I have seamlessly transitioned to fabric and quilted journal books.  When I'm not jabbing myself with sharp needles, I am assembling art jewelry and playing with copper sheet metal. 

Please take some time to cruise around the site and view the intro videos/tutorials. Do not hesitate to ask us any questions.

Belinda

Belinda aka crazyartgirl

Blog:  http://alteredbelly.blogspot.com/

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
andreamanard wrote
on 17 May 2009 8:13 AM

you guys look like you have lots of fun! great to meet you!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS