Air Pen

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 8
MargaretOB wrote
on 16 Nov 2011 1:44 PM

Hello all,

I just watched Episode 813 with Susan Shie and would like to find out what air pen she uses.  I do a lot of outlining on fabric and I like the effects she achieved.  I could not find a project materials list on this website because it was not a project, persay. 

Does anybody know what airpen she used?

Thanks,

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 235
on 18 Nov 2011 1:04 PM

Hello MargaretOB,

Thank you very much for your question. Our staff is looking into this and will get back to you.

Best wishes,

Ellen Seeburger

eseeburger@interweave.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
mella ella wrote
on 19 Nov 2011 8:27 AM

Hola Margaret,

Try Dharma Trading Company they sell an air pen in their catalogue as well as paints dyes silk blanks hemp fiber ....toxicating!

Miz A

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 235
on 21 Nov 2011 10:48 AM

Greetings,

I contacted Susan and here is her response regarding the pen she uses:

"I use the basic model airpen, and the tip I use is the 23 gauge stainless steel needle tip.

I suggest the artist contact Silkpaint.com to order, as they are a small company, who are the inventors of the airpen.  They can send as many needles as you want, maybe 6 is a good number of the same needle to order.  And when you need replacement parts or advice, they'll be there for her.

You can buy a little cheaper from Dharma or Jerry's Artarama, but Silk Paint makes all the airpens those other places sell.

I also use Jacquard Textile Colors black paint and thin it to a consistency like heavy whipping cream, before it gets whipped.  You need to see that bulge at the edge of the surface, when you tip the paint in its jar.  And you want about one drip per second, when you're straining the paint into the syringe."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS