Hello and intro

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
MellyT wrote
on 1 May 2009 11:18 AM

So hello everyone! Welcome. I am really excited to have this community and look forward to meeting and friending folks. Today, my book is being released and I feel like it is a birthday or something!! The book really didn't take long to do, if you consider 12 hour days for about 7 months straight a short time. (I can be quite single minded and focused about art.) Pokey has called me her OCD friend, and I think she may be right in that assessment. But oh my!  And to see the advertisements on the site with my cover in them? I need to pinch myself.

I have some fun stuff planned! I am putting together a series of Video Prompt Challenges. Short videos to illustrate methods to get into the art making mode and to help illuminate the process.  The above link goes to me Author Blog here on the site, where you can read all about it!

So I hope you have fun settling into the new site, geez. We can share images of our work, have focused discussions in the forums and meet other like minded people too. There is a link to twitter and facebook too. All central and in full color. I think all of this is just GREAT.

Author: Inspired to Quilt
Melanie Testa<--my art
Go play in your studio!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 888
Muppin wrote
on 1 May 2009 12:20 PM

Can't wait to try those video prompt challenges... looks like so much fun!

Cheryl

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 35
cdlewis wrote
on 3 May 2009 7:54 PM

I just ordered your book and can't wait to receive it!!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 218
MellyT wrote
on 4 May 2009 3:35 AM

There is nothing I love more than the anticipation and excitement of waiting for something I really want! I am so glad you've ordered it! And Cheryl? I can't wait either.

Author: Inspired to Quilt
Melanie Testa<--my art
Go play in your studio!!!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS