Click to Enlarge?

This post has 3 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 24
Gia2 wrote
on 2 May 2009 8:57 PM

Just an idea...

These works are so beautiful that I wish we could click on them for a closer look - I think we're really missing out on a lot of detail and texture. Any chance this enhancement could be added so we could see them at say twice the size if we click on them?

Gia from Portland, Oregon

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 139
reginabdunn wrote
on 3 May 2009 7:41 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Sometimes the details show things that weren't expected and aren't visible otherwise.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 302
on 4 May 2009 6:31 AM

This is a great suggestion and one we are looking into changing. In the mean time, a great option is to add additional photos of details of the art to your upload. You can see an example of this in this post by Judy Coates Perez. This is done in the description area of the upload window. You simply click on the film strip icon (circled below) and it will allow you to upload an image from your computer. Do this as many times as you want.

Art Director, Quilting Arts Magazine

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,413
Pokey wrote
on 4 May 2009 6:59 AM

Thanks for pointing this out to everyone, Larissa!

Another option would be to add a detail shot in the comments area of your uploaded image. This is useful if you want to give specific, detailed information to describe your close-up. Each comment could be specific to a close-up.

I just created an example to illustrate this:

Wild Turkey

Pokey Bolton

Founder of Quilting Arts Magazine

TV Host, Quilting Arts on PBS

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS