just joined the community-looking forward to sharing and learning

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
ckcowl wrote
on 20 Nov 2012 6:27 AM

I am a new community member looking forward to sharing and learning with my fellow quilt artists

i live in northern michigan- made my first quilt in 1976- but throughout the years have spent my time doing many other crafts, sewing- made my own clothes- clothed my children- about ten years ago the (quilting bug) really took hold of me- since then i have pretty much concentrated on the quilting arts. learning new techniques, stretching (sometimes to the snapping point) the limits of the craft. I am a long-arm quilter, fabric dyer, love working in wools & silks, love embellishments...always seeking new ways to create what i envision- dream up;

I love wool rug hooking also and the two crafts seem to go hand in hand in my world. I always have a (hand project) in the works- car rides, sitting/waiting i am sewing- or hooking...it's quite an obsession.

I recently found myself unemployed (outside the home) and now have the winter to see where i can go with my craft- maybe i can figure out some (better) time management - locate more hours in the day to accomplish all that i want to accomplish.

i look forward to being part of this community.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 906
Muppin wrote
on 20 Nov 2012 9:39 AM

Welcome ckcowl!  We are glad to have you here!

Cheryl / Muppin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS