Hello New here :) Sewing machine???

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
squigglebutt wrote
on 30 Dec 2012 8:27 AM

Hello

Just joined a little while ago so hello to all on here.  I love sewing and making things. I'm always thinking or making something.  At this point in time I have a 'New home' Janome sewing machine, which is great.  However, I am starting to do more actual 'quilting' and 'embroidery' aswell as the actual patchwork and I' looking for tips on a new sewing machine.  I've looked at one called a Pfaff but there are so many. Does anyone know of one particular one that covers quilting, embroidery etc. My price range is around $£600 give or take.

Thanks and look forward to chatting

Squiggs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 888
Muppin wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 7:55 AM

Hey Squiggle-

So the one thing we have recommended to everyone is to "test drive" machines at the shop in the price range you want to buy.  Machines vary so greatly and there's no replacement for testing it out to make sure it works as you expect. 

I have a Janome myself and I'm very happy with it.  It free motion quilts beautifully.  I do not have any embroidery attachments, as I don't do that myself.

Thanks,

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
Quick2Listen wrote
on 3 Jan 2013 2:18 AM

Hi Squiggle, 

I went to a national quilt show and tried all the machines. You'll be certain to find one you like and you can often purchase the classroom or floor models for big discounts with the same warranty!

Enjoy

Q2L

Not Ranked
Posts 4
squigglebutt wrote
on 5 Jan 2013 5:58 PM

Hi C/Muppin

Thanks for your test drive idea I didn't think or know one could.  Mine is a  New home 'Janome' but isn't digital but still nice.

I went to my oldest brothers 60th B'day party last night and we all had so much fun.  Can't believe he's 60yrs time has flown!!!

IAnyway, appreciate your thoughts, oh and 'Happy New Year'

Best wishes

Squiggs 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
squigglebutt wrote
on 5 Jan 2013 6:01 PM

Hi 2L

Thanks, now that sounds fun to (smiles)

Cheers

Squiggs

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
Sew4Now wrote
on 12 Jan 2013 5:32 AM

I have a Pfaff. It is the Creative 7550 model, almost 20 yrs old. I would not trade it for anything. It is a fantastic machine, and a real workhorse. It can handle everything I throw at it, including quilting big projects. Just some thoughts from a very happy sewing enthusiast.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
jeremy2013 wrote
on 15 Feb 2013 4:45 AM

My mom loves sewing and quilting. I bought her a good quality machine on her 50th birthday. She was very happy because she is now able to sew faster.  But before i bought the new quilting sewing machine, i reviewed some of the best brands. :). it turned out good anyways.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS