Where can I find special feet used

This post has 7 Replies | 6 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on 1 Apr 2013 12:14 PM

Hello, I'm trying to find a foot used on a recent Quilting Daily showing.  It looked like a large roller and only used one set of feed dogs.  It made it easy to to many stitches on curves with out having to stop to make turns.  Does anyone have an idea what it is called and where it can be found.  She mentioned it had a low shank, and it was used a lot to sew leather and used a lot in the making of gloves as it can make curves with out raising your pressure foot and turn.  Hope someone knows what this is as I am dying to get one as I do lots of small stuff and it would be a big help.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 906
Muppin wrote
on 2 Apr 2013 7:48 AM

The Roller Foot has a large roller on the front of it.  Here is a link to a picture: http://www.sew4home.com/tips-resources/sewing-tips-tricks/accessories-we-love-roller-foot-velvet-more

Cheryl / Muppin

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 308
on 2 Apr 2013 3:38 PM

You're right, Muppin; that roller foot is quite handy but the foot Libby Lehman used in episode 1106 of "Quilting Arts TV" (which is what I think Bonita is referring to) is called a leather roller foot.  According to Libby, Bernina is the only manufacturer that offers it; it is #55.

Happy quilting!

Kristine Lundblad,
Asst. Editor, Quilting Arts Magazine

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Cristy13 wrote
on 18 Sep 2013 7:06 PM

I found the Big roller foot on Bernina's site and dealer stores. It is Foot #55 and is an exclusive for Bernina machines. :(

I was hoping to find one for my Babylock. Oh well, I have to wait then.

Bonita Willman:

Hello, I'm trying to find a foot used on a recent Quilting Daily showing.  It looked like a large roller and only used one set of feed dogs.  It made it easy to to many stitches on curves with out having to stop to make turns.  Does anyone have an idea what it is called and where it can be found.  She mentioned it had a low shank, and it was used a lot to sew leather and used a lot in the making of gloves as it can make curves with out raising your pressure foot and turn.  Hope someone knows what this is as I am dying to get one as I do lots of small stuff and it would be a big help.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Mariemay@2 wrote
on 19 Sep 2013 11:25 AM

And here I thought I was the only one who noticed that presser foot.... ! I had to have it, but just like Cristy 13, I found that this particular foot is only for the Bernina, sigh! I have a Brother. We will have to wait, Sisters! 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
luisyana wrote
on 9 Jan 2014 10:12 PM

Hi Bonita.  I found this link that may help:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLLER-FOOT-SETS-JUKI-CONSEW-SINGER-LEATHER-12264-12267-/290723352276

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Eyarm wrote
on 26 May 2014 8:45 PM

Is it low shank and will it fit a brother or singer machine? Thanks.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 308
on 28 May 2014 5:54 PM

Hi Eyarm,

Your best bet is to check with Brother or Singer--look at their website or check your owner's manual.

Good luck!

Kristine Lundblad,
Asst. Editor, Quilting Arts Magazine

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS