firefighters quilt

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 227
ckquilter wrote
on 7 Jul 2013 12:28 AM

hi all

i am not new to the site. you may have seen my posts, from ckquilter.

if you have seen the news recently, you are aware of the 19 young firefghters who died this week.

on tuesday i sunprinted a small piece of fabric. it is now a small quilt. it will be going to southern california next week with brother paul. he just retired from orange county fire authority. he is going back to attend the service for kevin woyjeck - one of the young firefighters who died. 

our other brother, john, has served with kevin's father for many years; they are both firefighters for los angeles county.

both john's and paul's children grew up playing with young kevin. (as well as  the children of our other brother, also a fireman).

if any of you would like to send a few kind words to the family of a courageous, dedicated, young fireman, who sacrificed all trying to protect the life and property of others;   just before paul heads to california, i will print the messages out and send them with the little quilt.

i know this is not  the intended use of this forum - but i have learned that quilters are some of the most generous, loving, and caring people in the world. and right now there are many families that are hurting  - and they could all use our prayers. but i am able to do one small thing to let a special family know that their sacrifice is appreciated.

ckquilter

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 11
bhuwanbbb wrote
on 7 Jul 2013 6:26 AM

Hy there ...I am the latest  user of these forum.....so any ideas what should i do and what not

Not Ranked
Posts 3
nickbrian wrote
on 18 Jul 2013 12:09 AM

would you mind to share that work here?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 227
ckquilter wrote
on 30 Jul 2013 3:23 AM

hi nick

i sent the quilt off before getting a picture of it. but i will try and post a copy of the label from the back soon.                   ckquilter

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS