Popping the Question: Cloth Paper Scissors, July/August 2009

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 185
on 5 May 2009 6:42 AM

Hi and welcome!

Please take a minute and respond to our Reader Question. It's a lot of fun to see the variety of answers we get...and the locations of our readers.

Summer treasures: What will you collect this summer for art making once

summer is over? Please send replies to me.

Thank you!

Barb Delaney

s

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 99
pandabolt wrote
on 5 May 2009 12:39 PM

I don't really "plan" what to collect, but I know that there is always the opportunity to collect leaves, rocks and pebbles, grasses, feathers glass shards and more. 

I will be taking a Rosalie Dace class this fall, and the emphasis will be on trees, so I will be taking lots of pictures of trees and leaves and twigs.

And pictures, lots of pictures of scenery, flowers, clouds, and textures of every kind.  None of these may actually end up in any project, but they will serve as inspiration and reference.  I will study them for composition, color, and motion.

Peggy Holt

Missoula, Montana

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 185
on 5 May 2009 1:04 PM

Hi Peggy, 

I appreciate your quick response!

Notice I inserted a link. Click on "Please send replies to me" and responses will go directly to my email account.

Thanks so much.

Barb

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 96
TheNeedler wrote
on 5 May 2009 3:52 PM

I plan to drive from Florida to the Upper Penninsula of Michigan.  I will be collecting all kinds of natural materials on my trip.   Last trip I filled my trunk with wool clothes for felting projects, rocks and stones with interesting patterns, pieces of slate for sewing (yes, I said sewing) to fabric.and assorted pieces of birch bark.  I am making a memory book about my wife, and her favorite poem for me to read to her was the Song of Hiawathav.  She was from the Upper Penninsula of MI and her favorite place was Miner's Castle Rock on Lake Superior.  That's were we scattered her ashes.  When I got home I checked out the book and discovered that it was the same place as Hiawatha's village.  I drilled holes in the slate with my dremel tool and used rafia as sewing thread to anchor it to the page.  I have made needle lace on my sewing machine to create foliage and grasses to embellish the same page.  I also collect pops to color with Sharpie Markers and use with or without beads for embellishing.    Jim  D

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 96
TheNeedler wrote
on 5 May 2009 4:17 PM

Barbara, I'm sorry but I  hit the reply button before I realized that your link was an e-mail carrier.  I did try to send my e-mail via your link after and it took the message but rolled over to another page that asked what kind of incoming server and outgoing server I had.  I know I have a POP3 incoming server because I had my computer guy check out my compluter when I was having trouble.  He mentioned my POP3 server.  I haven't a clue what my incoming server is.  My generation is not very computer literate.  We often got comuters to use e-mail to our grandchildren, and that's about it.  Some brave souls ventured a little farther, but we can't answer technical questions about these machines.   It might help to explain what happens and what to do when you click on the link.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 53
Jamie Fingal wrote
on 5 May 2009 4:48 PM

m always collecting metal things - pins, washers, metal with holes, safety pins, fuses, etc., perhaps some paper treasures that I can decoupage to large washers or encase in glass with copper tape.  Throw in some zippers, rick rack, ribbon, and Grungepaper. 

Jamie Fingal

http://JamieFingalDesigns.blogspot.com/

http://www.JamieFingal.com/

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 64
on 6 May 2009 5:30 AM

well it's not specifically related to summer but I save the brown packing paper that comes in the boxes when I order supplies.  It makes a great surface for paint and I use it as a drop cloth sometimes too.   Catalogs get saved for when I need scrap paper to use as a mask for glue or paint. 

Sue Bleiweiss

http://www.suebleiweiss.com

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS