LOOKING FOR INFO

This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
MAMATHORNE wrote
on 30 Mar 2014 6:19 PM

I SAW EPISODE 1308 WHERE JULIA WOOD MADE HEXES AND I WAS WONDERING IS THERE A TOOL THAT CUTS FABRIC INTO CIRCLES.. IF SO WHATS THE NAME AND DOES IT CUT UP TO 14".   MY EMAIL IS  (terryearl@msn.com)  I didn't leave it in my last post

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 299
on 2 Apr 2014 11:31 AM

Hi MamaThorne,

There are tools called die cutters that cut circles.  Sizzix and AccuQuilt are two companies that make die cutters; hopefully that gives you a start for your research.  I'm not sure how big they go, however.

Best wishes and happy quilting!

Kristine Lundblad,
Asst. Editor, Quilting Arts Magazine

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Oister wrote
on 2 Apr 2014 6:50 PM

Looking for info seemed like the perfect place to ask my question. I recently saw an episode where they were making a quilt via making strips and then sewing them into a tube. I of course deleted the episode by mistake. I can't find anything on it anywhere. I even checked the "one" other show I watch with a similar interest. 

Am I losing my mind? Did I dream it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Evette Oister

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 299
on 3 Apr 2014 2:14 PM

Hi Evette,

I can't recall a project like this from the last few seasons of "Quilting Arts TV," I'm afraid.  Do you happen to recall any other details such as the name of the guest or the season number (numbers like 1205 would indicated episode 5 in the 1200 series) to help me in my research?

Thanks!

Kristine Lundblad,
Asst. Editor, Quilting Arts Magazine

Not Ranked
Posts 2
rjvandev wrote
on 7 Apr 2014 11:42 AM

I don't know about the show, but sounds an awful lot like "Bargello" quilting to me. Strips are sewn together into a tube, and then cut into strips again, realigned, and sewn together to make colorful quilts with beautiful motion in them. If this is the idea you are looking for, Amazon sells the book "Colorwash Bargello Quilts" which I used to learn the technique, and the book does a wonderful job of explaining the way it is done. Maybe look up "Bargello quilt" on pinterest or google images to see if it's what you're looking for?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
shearbet wrote
on 19 Apr 2014 3:08 PM

Evette,

Your description sounds like the jelly roll.  Many quilt guilds have jelly roll races. I can't remember if this is the show that had it, but I have seen it on TV.  Jelly roll races are on youtube.    Good luck.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS