paint that changes clor under threate lights

This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
loislev wrote
on 23 Jun 2014 12:41 PM

Hi

I making the costumes for the Wizard of OZ for my Community Threatre and I'm wondering if there is a spray paint I can use to spray on Glinda dress so it changes colors when different lights are on her.

Also is must be safe if it makes contact to her skin

Will it last for hours or days?  how can you remove it later?

I will be glitzing up her dress with sequins and rhinestones too.

Thanks

Lois

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 907
Muppin wrote
on 24 Jun 2014 12:02 PM

There is heat sensitive paint hat changes color called Thermochromic paint, but it will change color with body heat and then stay that way.  I don't know of any other type of paint that you could use.  It's not something you'd want to paint on a person's skin.

Cheryl

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 233
ckquilter wrote
on 3 Jul 2014 2:22 AM

if you are using different lights -why not just use a white dress, and change the colors of the lights ? easier, and not toxic. and the theater probably ha different colors of lights already.     don't make the problem any harderthan it needs to be.

white crystals and sequins would add sparkle, but also change color as you change the color of the light.

the only other thing i can think of, there are solar reactive threads available. they are basically white under room light. move them to the sun, and they darken and intensify in color. but they would not make her whole dress change color.and it won't happen in an instant (which i think is what youare wanting ?) and they require sunlight (or maybe just uv ??) to change the color.

ckquilter

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS