2010 Quilting Arts "Fresh Picked" Calendar Winners Have Been Chosen...but I can't tell quite yet

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,413
Pokey wrote
on 5 May 2009 2:56 PM

Late yesterday afternoon here at QA headquarters we chose the 13 winners of the Quilting Arts Calendar contest. The pieces have now been sent off to photography, along with our Judges' Choice quilts that will appear in our August/September issue of Quilting Arts.

Choosing the final 13 was such a killer decision this time since all of the finalists' pieces were simply gorgeous. (Check out this photo gallery and you'll see what I mean!)

Our editorial team and art director, Larissa, wanted to make sure we had a good representation of fruits, flowers, and veggies and a wide variety of styles, texture, embellishment, and color. Each of us felt very passionate about our choices, and some healthy debating ensued. 

Just in case something looks a bit off in print and we need to move pieces around, we're not disclosing the winners until May 22, but I'll give you a hint of what we're planning for the cover:

It looks like something freshly picked.

Aren't I mean?

Pokey Bolton

Founder of Quilting Arts Magazine

TV Host, Quilting Arts on PBS

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 906
Muppin wrote
on 7 May 2009 3:12 PM

That is mean, Pokey!  You can't give us a little hint?  Can't wait to see them, the calendars are so wonderful.

Cheryl

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,413
Pokey wrote
on 8 May 2009 7:45 AM

Well, I think we'll be announcing them much earlier because we are going to bring the winners to Quilt Market to showcase in our booth next week. So I will probably announce next Wednesday at the latest!  ;-)

Pokey Bolton

Founder of Quilting Arts Magazine

TV Host, Quilting Arts on PBS

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 43
on 8 May 2009 1:11 PM

While I would love to be surrounded by all those gorgeous art pieces, I would hate to be in your shoes and have to pick the finalists.  Hard decisions I'm sure.

Terri Stegmiller, Mandan, ND
www.terristegmiller.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS