Transfer Pencil

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
on 17 Jan 2015 8:18 AM

Hello all,

I have and issue that I can not seem to find an answer to, so thought I would come to the pros. I made a throw sized quilt (for a gift) there were certain things that I had to use transfer pencil (red), I washed it once I was done and the pencil did not come out. I can not present this looking the way it does. Please help, is there any hope????

Jackie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 914
Muppin wrote
on 19 Jan 2015 11:50 AM

Have you checked the website of the manufacturer of the transfer pencil?

I'd google "getting pencil marks out of quilts" and see what comes up.

Cheryl / Muppin

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on 19 Jan 2015 11:55 AM

Cheryl,

I will try that, I have googled but it really isnt' giving me anything for this type of pencil. But  I will look up the manufacturer.

Jackie

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on 27 Jan 2015 10:23 AM

For any one who has had this issue, I have found the solution. And competely by luck alone. I tried every concotion I could find onlne and to no avail. I was on my way to the basement to get laundry soap (for yet another) and I remembered a couple of years ago we had local kids spray paint on hte side of our house. We still has some of the "Goof Off" graffiti remover. ( I was testing on a scrap piece of fabric) So I figured at this point why not I have tried everything else. So I heated up some water and sprayed the fabric with this stuff and dropped it into the pan of hot water, swooshed it aroung a little and pulled it out "VOILA" there was not more transfer pencel markings. So I then sprayed the heck out of the quilt itself and washed it in the machine on hot water and it all came out. 

So of you ever have an issue getting Permenant Heat Transfer Pencil out of your fabric, this will get it out.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS