For this project, I painted the base fabric with Tsinko inks in a watercolor wash with rock salt to dry. Then, I painted the fisherman and fish with ink, watercolor pencils and fabric markers. I sliced up batik fabrics to represent the boat, ocean, land masses. I applied these with spray glue then overlaid tulle. I machine embroideried over the top of the tulle. Next, I used thread scraps on the sky and placed tulle over them and also machine embroideried. I made the quilt sandwich and machine quilted very heavily around all but the fisherman and the fish. The frame is composed of the organdy backing which was frayed, a dark blue batik with sliced up browns, golds, yellows.