My older version of the "Three Bales of Hay" quilt was critiqued by Sandra Sider and she recommended 3 improvements. One was to remove the clouds. Another was to make the bales of hay larger. The last suggestion was to make the yellow foreground a little darker. I made the first two changes. To make the bales of hay larger I had to hand sew them over the old ones and over some of the beaded green area. The clouds were easy to remove so I did that. I'm not sure I'll make the foreground darker. Next time I go to the fabric store, I'll buy some dark yellow or very light brown tulle and put that over the foreground to see if I like it or not. But I definitely think she was right about the first two changes. From this experience, I'm coming away with the idea of being bolder in my work. But I'm not sure if from these to photos you can see well enough the differences. But in person the differences are very visible to me. Sandra runs a quilt critique business but I'm not telling you about this as an advertisement for her, I just thought it might be helpful to you to see a successful design change.