This was made for a fund raiser for the LaConner Quilt Museum from two fat quarters of 'challenge' fabric. After a dismal failure on my first try at making something I had very little fabric left to play with.
A friend suggested making a toy, but that idea did not spark any added enthusiasm for me. Not until I realized that the fabric somehow reminded me of a lizard. I made a pattern and used some of the scraps fro the initial attempt and came up with "Leapin' Lizard"
The lizard is gussied up with beads and stuffed with soft, carded, wool. I doubt that this will fill the required size requirements but I shipped her off anyway. I think I'll make another one !