A while ago for QA TV, I did a segment on overdying commercial fabrics using this *great* fabric from Alexander Henry I had on hand. A black and white fabric, I dyed it in a variety of colors then free-motion quilted the piece.
As it was just to demonstrate a technique on QA TV, I haven't really done anything with this quilt. I am thinking of five options:
1. Cutting up into individual panels and collaging other fabrics in the same color schemes
2. Going crazy with embellishment. For example, in the yellow panel, adding all kinds of yellow embellishments: yellow buttons along the border, yellow beads and crystals to accent the figures, stitching seed stitches in yellow threads, etc.
3. Cut it up into ATCs. (Something I resort to a lot for my UFOs!)
5. Adding paint to the black-bordered fabric and making it more colorful. This piece has a fun print, but it feels drab with all that somber black.
4. Throw it away! (This is one of my least favorite UFOs)