Quilter in Distress: Betsy Miller
Rescuer: Kathy Sulzman
Untitled • 19" x 20"
Betsy: "This quilt was an experiment in layering prompted by my design group, Loose Threads. It got to a certain point and nothing I tried brought it to a successful close. I like the background fabric, which is part of a scarf found at a secondhand store, and hope that someone out there was able to have some fun completing the piece."
Kathy: "When I received this quilt I thought it had too much going on so I took pictures and then cut it into smaller pieces and arranged them into one central design. I added several new petals. Then I photographed the middle and transferred it onto cotton. I cut this out and added it to the center of the whole flower. I liked the sparkling leaves and top embellishment so I tried to increase the amount of design on them. I covered it all with red tulle to give it some sheen and color."