A Chawton Cottage Romance—A Jane Austen-Inspired FREE Quilt-Along
Every dedicated quilter MUST be in want of a Jane Austen-inspired sampler quilt!
A Chawton Cottage Romance takes inspiration from all things Jane: from the coverlet she sewed, from her life and times, and from her novels. Named for her home—Chawton Cottage, which is now the Jane Austen House Museum—this sampler quilt features prints from the Jane Austen at Home collection by Riley Blake Designs.
Using these fabrics, each quilt block in the sampler quilt is linked to the stories we love.
- Northanger Abbey—The Log Cabin block
- Pride & Prejudice—The Jacob’s Ladder block
- Sense & Sensibility—The Pinwheel Star block
- Emma—The Pinwheel Galaxy block
- Persuasion—The Birds in the Air block
- Mansfield Park—The Chevron block
- Sanditon—The Borders and Assembly
This Quilt-Along at a Glance:
- Learn all the techniques needed to create this queen-sized sampler quilt
- Digital Pattern with detailed instructions and diagrams
- Tips and tricks for dealing with directional prints
*By signing up for this free quilt-along, you are agreeing to receive emails from Quilting Daily and Quilting Daily’s partners. You can update your preferences or unsubscribe at any time.
The 7 video lessons walk you through special tips and techniques for each block. From establishing a scant quarter inch and swirling seams, to outwitting bias and extending a border print, instructor Kate Colleran provides you with all the quilt education a well-brought up lady could need.
The complete pattern for the quilt comes with the videos as a PDF. Join us for A Chawton Cottage Romance!
For a limited time, get access to the videos and pattern…. completely free!
You’ll also be entered to win a prize package from Riley Blake Designs. This includes a fat quarter bundle from the Jane Austen at Home collection, a delightful pair of snips and a charming tape measure you’ll want to tuck into your reticule, and a package of lace perfect for trimming your bonnet… or a quilt!
- A Chawton Cottage Romance digital pattern
- 7 video lessons, showcasing specialized techniques to improve your quilting skills tied to the Project
- A chance to win a Prize Package from Riley Blake Designs
Jane Austen at Home from Riley Blake Designs: For the Jane Austen Fan in All of Us
The fabric of Jane Austen’s home life is available for the first time ever. Riley Blake Designs has reproduced these beautiful floral prints to make this extraordinary part of British history available to everyone. To make this collection even more unique, we designed fabrics using music hand-written by Jane Austen, as well as passages from her personal letters. These treasured pieces of history are owned by Jane Austen’s House – an independent museum and charity in the UK.
About the Jane Austen Coverlet – https://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/jane-austen
The Jane Austen at Home Collection – https://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/Fabric/Current-Collections/Jane-Austen-at-Home
Jane Austen’s House Museum – https://janeaustens.house/