In this series we present quilts created to honor our service men and women, as well as lessons about silk dupioni, crazy quilting, a bit of embellishment and longarm quilting design inspiration. We also present great tips and techniques to add to your piecing skills.
Download a free supplies list which includes information about the 3000 series projects.
Series Credits: The sewing machine for the series is the Baby Lock Crescendo. For piecing, we use the ¼″ quilting presser foot or the monogramming presser foot. We use basic sewing supplies such as fabric, rotary cutters, and scissors. We wear a Klutz cut-resistant safety glove when rotary cutting, press with a Reliable iron, and measure using Omnigrid, and Fons & Porter rulers. Patterns and instructions for quilts featured are in Love of Quilting magazine or as listed on our website. We have Love of Quilting DVDs available for our TV shows, beginning with the 400 series, available in our online shop.
In most episodes, Sara Gallegos and her guest will use these tools and notions:
- Fons & Porter 45mm Rotary Cutter
- Fons & Porter 8” x 14” Ruler
- Fons & Porter Tomato Pincushion
- Fons & Porter 4” Quilter’s Scissors
- Fons & Porter 5-1/2” Quilter’s Scissors
- Fons & Porter Ultimate Stiletto
- Fons & Porter Ergonomic Seam Ripper
- Fons & Porter Mechanical Pencil
- Fons & Porter Quarter Inch Seam Marker
- Fons & Porter Glue Marker
- Klutz Safety Glove
- Mary Ellen’s Best Press
- Prop-It Quilt Block Assembly Easel by SA Richards
- Guidelines 4 Quilting – Open Hand Handle
- Guidelines 4 Quilting – Prep-Tool
- Guidelines 4 Quilting – Grip Strips
- Guidelines 4 Quilting – 6” x 12” rulers
- Guidelines 4 Quilting – Guidelines Ruler Connector
3001: Diagonally Set Log Cabin Quilts
3002: Orange You Sweet?
3003: Parisian Posies
3004: Patchy Stars
3005: Freeform Pillow
3006: Shooting Stars
3007: Brighten Up, Buttercup!
3008: Crazy-Quilted Tablet Sleeve
3009: Quilting for Drama, Direction, Diversion
3010: Parade Rest
3012: Dublin Town
3013: American Pie
No related posts.