Amid these challenging times, we want to be there for you! While summer activities and vacation plans may be uncertain, you can rely on this print issue of McCall’s Quilting to provide and outlet of creativity. Exercise your creative muscles with this print issue, dedicated to summertime fun!
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Editor’s Letter | Staying at home and quiltmaking.
- Fresh Picks | Check out our latest finds
- Quilter to Quilter | A walk down memory lane with a Nine-Patch quilt
- McQ&A | We asked our editorial team to tell us about quilts they use for picnics or festivals
- Quilt Basics | The quiltmaking techniques you need to make the patterns in this issue
- Designing Batiks | Representatives from three fabric companies talk about their designing process
- But Wait! There’s More! | The online articles and free patterns you don’t want to miss!
- I Love this Quilt! | Lori Baker is making a graduation quilt from a favorite McCall’s pattern.
- Starlets | Friendship stars brighten this quilt by Jen Daly.
- Starlit Night Skies | Two different stars glow in the night.
- Twelve Stars | Celebrate Patriotism with stars.
- Solaris | Hot colors and stars galore.
- Starry, Starry Night | Stars are the focus of these Log Cabin blocks.
- Under Sunny Skies | Practice curved piecing when you make this pretty quilt.
- Vernal | Connie Kauffman’s batik quilt.
- Sunshine on My Shoulders | Get lots of movement with pinwheels.
- Can Pillows Talk? | Uplifting words embroidered in the center of the flowers inspire us.
- Jolly Holiday | This fun pillow by Kim Hanson is a hit with all who see it.
- Wasn’t That a Shirt? | Recreate a vintage pillow like this one from Charisma Horton.