Are you interested in writing for Quilting Daily or having one of your quilt designs featured online or in one of our magazines? We’d love to hear from you. Please spend some time reviewing the submission guidelines below before submitting any concepts or designs. We do our best to respond in a timely manner, but due to the large volume of submissions we receive, it’s not always possible for us to respond to every request. Thanks in advance for your understanding.We invite you to submit your original designs to be considered for publication in any of the following Quilting Daily products:
Featuring quilts that can be made in a weekend or less, Easy Quilts is your go-to magazine for fast and simple patchwork. Published quarterly.
Love of Quilting is “America’s Favorite Quilting Magazine.” Founded in 1999 by Marianne Fons & Liz Porter, Love of Quilting has become a rooted part of the quilting community. Known for our passion for teaching, we share tried-and-true methods for making classic quilts. Published 6 times per year.
McCall’s Quilting delivers expert inspiration and education with a farmhouse chic aesthetic for quilters of all skill levels. Our obsession with fabrics of all types, respect for quilting tradition, dedication to flawless pattern design, and our contemporary decorating aesthetic combine to provide our readers with an enriching experience that they can trust.
McCall’s Quick Quilts
Sew fast with Quick Quilts! Simple techniques and/or shapes create visually appealing quilts in no time.
Quilting Arts is the “go-to” publication for fiber artists. Each issue provides an engaging range of techniques and informational articles aimed at the entire spectrum of art quilters. We make art quilting accessible to the novice, inspirational for the more advanced, and provide a platform to showcase the professional.
At Quilting Arts, we celebrate contemporary art quilting, surface design, mixed media, fiber art trends, and more. We are always looking for new techniques, innovative processes, and unique approaches to the art of quilting. We’d love to hear from you!
What are we looking for?
- Beautiful and inspiring contemporary quilts and exhibits.
- Artists with inspiring portfolios of work to be featured in our In The Spotlight, Artist Profile, and Q&A articles. Show us your work and tell us your story.
- Unique techniques, new ways to use existing tools and supplies, and ideas we’ve never featured before.
If you are teaching, blogging about, or exhibiting your art quilts, you probably have great ideas to share!
- To learn more about Art and Modern quilting submissions, click here.
As Fons & Porter’s pre-cut magazine, Quilting Quickly publishes quilts designed specifically for 2-½” strips, 10” squares, 5” squares and Fat Quarter bundles—the perfect way to showcase a fabric collection!
Traditional Quilts with a twist! Appealing to quilters of all skill levels, Quiltmaker excels at taking the reader through the entire quiltmaking process with a special focus on “quilting” the quilt. Expert instructions and detailed quilting plans are featured in the mix of whimsical, seasonal, traditional, applique and foundation-pieced patterns found in every issue.
All submissions must be original, unpublished designs. We are interested in designs suitable for all skill levels. Applique, foundations or templates should have patterns that will fit onto one or two magazine pages. We also like to include designs that use precuts, like 2½” strips, 5” and 10” squares. A colored drawing of your design on graph paper or a computer printout is preferred. Only electronic submissions will be considered for acceptance. We do not accept physical submissions.
- Submit a clear image of your entire quilt. It can be a detailed drawing or a printout from EQ or another drawing program. The format should be either jpg, tiff or pdf if digital.
- Clearly include your name, address, phone number, the quilt’s dimensions, and the quilt’s name in your e-mail.
- If your quilt has appliqué or requires templates, pieces must fit on a 7-3/8″ x 10″ page.
- If accepted, you will be required to send us basic instructions for your quilt. Our staff will edit instructions into our magazine style.
- Please also include information about yourself including whether you are a professional or amateur quilter. We want to you about YOU, too!
- If you are submitting more than one project, please send a separate email for each one.
Please DO NOT send us your physical quilt unless it has been accepted by our acquisitions team. Please email your design ideas to Lori Baker, Acquisitions Editor, at [email protected]
If your design is chosen, you will be sent a permission form with questions about the origin of the design and any prior publication rights along with a contract. Because we strive for balance in theme, color and pattern complexity within each issue, coloring or setting arrangements of your design may be changed. If you have submitted a photo of a finished quilt for publication consideration, we will need the quilt sent to us for in-house photography. We would need to keep your quilt approximately eight to twelve weeks.
Upon acceptance of your design, a design fee ranging from $200-$400 (depending on size, difficulty and timeline) will be sent to you, with design credit given to you wherever the design is published.